Lost...
Week from Monday 14th September 2026 - On Saturday, I left home for my HOZZY APPOINTMENT extra early, as I half expected the kind of omnibus delays I'd encountered earlier in the week. In the event, I did get there in PLENTY of time (I arrived at the obstacle just in time to watch the AIR AMBULANCE depart from the helipad for its journey back to Eastleigh). I got dealt with straight away though, and I relaxed UNDER THE DRIP while listening to the previous night's excellent performance of MAHLER #9 off of the Proms.
I then spent the rest of the day either waiting FOR or waiting ON buses, hopping about the city. I had to find my way to CURRYS, out on the Ocean Retail Park where the airport once was, so that I could purchase that 'USB-C-to-USB-A-female-converter' that I need for my NEW LAPTOP PROJECT. That involved a slow held-up bus from the hospital to the city centre, a wait for the number nineteen out to the east of the island, a slow journey through traffic to OCEAN PARK, do my shopping, then back again to the city centre, for a further wait for the 'express' bus back to Fareham. During the month of September, all the buses in the city are FREE at weekends, so they were generally packed. But that didn't seem to alleviate any of the traffic on the roads, so it was STOP-START-STOP all the way, and there were several diversions. You certainly get to see a lot of Portsmouth this way! Some might call it a FUN DAY OUT!
Sunday Doing Sunday Stuff... Monday Doing Monday Stuff and some leftover Sunday Stuff... Tuesday is officially DAY ONE of the NEW PEECEE PROJECT! I finally switched the beast on and tried to reacquaint myself with how things work in the wonderful world of M!©r0$ofT WINDOZE after all these years. I managed to install a few things and (more importantly) remove some of the BLOATWARE. I printed out a set of instructions on how to disable all the COPILOT AI crap. But today was mainly about 'BUILDING THE FOUNDATIONS'. I'm now safely back on the OLD computer and tablet, doing my regular tasks, while I read up for the NEXT stage, which will be to set up a LINUX partition for dual-booting with my OWN favourite operating system. I need to learn how to get around those "EFI USB DEVICE HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY CURRENT SECURITY POLICY" warnings that I see when I try to boot the machine up from a thumb drive. I never used to get these problems when we had CD-ROMS! Then it is a question of how to format the USB stick in the first place... EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION! You forget just how much there ISN'T on Windoze when you've been on a LINUX and ANDROID kick for so long!
It's early Wednesday morning and I'm thoroughly "BRAIN BUSY", so I'm forcing myself to STEP AWAY while I go shopping. And maybe do a few PUZZLES instead!
I then spent the rest of the day either waiting FOR or waiting ON buses, hopping about the city. I had to find my way to CURRYS, out on the Ocean Retail Park where the airport once was, so that I could purchase that 'USB-C-to-USB-A-female-converter' that I need for my NEW LAPTOP PROJECT. That involved a slow held-up bus from the hospital to the city centre, a wait for the number nineteen out to the east of the island, a slow journey through traffic to OCEAN PARK, do my shopping, then back again to the city centre, for a further wait for the 'express' bus back to Fareham. During the month of September, all the buses in the city are FREE at weekends, so they were generally packed. But that didn't seem to alleviate any of the traffic on the roads, so it was STOP-START-STOP all the way, and there were several diversions. You certainly get to see a lot of Portsmouth this way! Some might call it a FUN DAY OUT!
Sunday Doing Sunday Stuff... Monday Doing Monday Stuff and some leftover Sunday Stuff... Tuesday is officially DAY ONE of the NEW PEECEE PROJECT! I finally switched the beast on and tried to reacquaint myself with how things work in the wonderful world of M!©r0$ofT WINDOZE after all these years. I managed to install a few things and (more importantly) remove some of the BLOATWARE. I printed out a set of instructions on how to disable all the COPILOT AI crap. But today was mainly about 'BUILDING THE FOUNDATIONS'. I'm now safely back on the OLD computer and tablet, doing my regular tasks, while I read up for the NEXT stage, which will be to set up a LINUX partition for dual-booting with my OWN favourite operating system. I need to learn how to get around those "EFI USB DEVICE HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY CURRENT SECURITY POLICY" warnings that I see when I try to boot the machine up from a thumb drive. I never used to get these problems when we had CD-ROMS! Then it is a question of how to format the USB stick in the first place... EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION! You forget just how much there ISN'T on Windoze when you've been on a LINUX and ANDROID kick for so long!
It's early Wednesday morning and I'm thoroughly "BRAIN BUSY", so I'm forcing myself to STEP AWAY while I go shopping. And maybe do a few PUZZLES instead!
Week from Monday 21st September 2026 - During the course of my "NEW PEECEE PROJECT" I had a bit of an oopsie (to say the least!). I had done exactly what you are supposed to do in these situations and I did a thorough BACK UP of my lifetime's work, before embarking on the task. Unfortunately something has gone TERRIBLY wrong, and I no longer have access to the hard drive that I used for storage. The solution will be to retrieve all the data from the hard drive and copy it onto a NEW USB device, but I suspect that I will need PROFESSIONAL help to do this. Another setback!
In the meantime, there's going to be some delay before I can resume this here BLOGGYDIARYTHINGY as normal (whatever 'normal' is!). I am currently back on my trusty OLD laptop, writing this bit as a separate HTML document, in the hope that I will eventually be able to paste it into the main body of the blog text and make it LIVE again.
In the meantime, there's going to be some delay before I can resume this here BLOGGYDIARYTHINGY as normal (whatever 'normal' is!). I am currently back on my trusty OLD laptop, writing this bit as a separate HTML document, in the hope that I will eventually be able to paste it into the main body of the blog text and make it LIVE again.
Comments
Post a Comment