It's PC, Gone Mad!
My appointment with the PREMIUM-PRICED DENTIST revealed that my maxillofacials are AOK and nothing needs fixing. Which is a huge relief, if only for the fact that it would cost a bloody fortune if it did! There has also been a routine BLOODLETTING ahead of my Wednesday FACE-TO-FACE with the docs.
SPIN CYCLE... In parallel with LA VUELTA, I've been dipping into the TOUR OF BRITAIN coverage. ITV4 are carrying it live. But I have no vested interest in the results this time around, so I'm just enjoying the scenery! Meanwhile in the Netherlands, the five-day ZLM TOUR is occurring. Typically, when there's a race going on which I DON'T get to watch, 'MY TEAM' does amazingly well, and that's very much the case with this one! The LiDL-TREK lads are hoovering up every stage win, point and bonus second going, especially Czechmate MATHIAS VACEK and mighty MAX WALSCHEID. But I'll have to take soshul meejer's word for it, because there are no tellyclips to be viewed anywhere...
Week from Monday 7th September 2026 - The new STICK MEN studio album "LET'S THRAK AGAIN!" has landed on my doormat. Curiously, it came from BURNING SHED's warehouse, even though I ordered it directly from Markus' own IAPETUS Bandcamp. This is the very first time I've purchased the Sticky Boys' product as readymade physical media, having previously downloaded and manufactured my own! Much studious headphone listening shall ensue...
On Tuesday, I'm taking delivery of my new LAPTOP. Which is nice. I eventually settled on another trusted LENOVO device (a 'Beast From The East' via Bratislava), their LOQ 15ARP10E 'gaming' laptop, which comes with a 15.6 inch screen, an AMD Ryzen processor, 16GB of memory and a 1TB harddrive. Of course, I won't be using it for 'gaming' AT ALL, but it will surely be a powerful enough platform on which to build a MUSIC PRODUCTION WORKSTATION. The only downside is that yer modern pooters don't have built-in OPTICAL DRIVES. So I will have to keep my old LENOVO running to use as a CD BURNER. As I mentioned previously, the new beast will probably stay in its box for a while, until such time as a new LINUX MINT '.iso' becomes available and customization can commence!
So I'm taking my sweet time, there's no need to hurry! I mean, I haven't even switched the thing on yet! So far I have merely opened the box to check its contents and I have installed the USER'S MANUAL on my tablet for easy reference. Today, I'm going to download a few items of software that I will be needing, having previously scribbled comprehensive "THINGS TO DO LISTS" for both the Linux and Windoze partitions. A visit to CURRYS PC WORLD (or whatever it's called this week?) is also on the cards, as I will be needing a few cables an'ting.
There was a major SNAFU concerning my scheduled Wednesday visit to the horsepickle. "A bit of a cock-up on the transport front!" As usual, I allowed plenty of travelling time in order to make my twelve o'clock appointment. I stood at the bus stop at TEN-THIRTY, which is usually a reasonable wait. But come TWENTY-PAST-ELEVEN, two buses had still failed to arrive! There was no way I would have got there in time, as it normally takes about forty-five minutes in total. So I came back indoors and made some hasty calls to the contact number on the appointment letter. Eventually, I was able to have my 'appointment' with the Doc over the phone, and we have re-re-re-scheduled ANOTHER 'face-to-face' for a couple of weeks' time...
But it turns out very little has changed since our last (phone)chat. I'm still what is known as "STABLE", but some readings are starting to creep back up, so we'll be discussing the various exciting new varieties of treatment that are available these days.
The BUS SERVICE in this here town is currently cause for concern. I can only assume that there must be something major going down ON THE ROAD between Gosport and here, because I took a 'quick' trip into town to buy a packet of coffee yesterday (Thursday), and the buses were STILL running extremely late. With this in mind, I'm going to have to leave the house ridiculously early on Saturday to ensure I make my connection (and midday appointment).
SPIN CYCLE... In parallel with LA VUELTA, I've been dipping into the TOUR OF BRITAIN coverage. ITV4 are carrying it live. But I have no vested interest in the results this time around, so I'm just enjoying the scenery! Meanwhile in the Netherlands, the five-day ZLM TOUR is occurring. Typically, when there's a race going on which I DON'T get to watch, 'MY TEAM' does amazingly well, and that's very much the case with this one! The LiDL-TREK lads are hoovering up every stage win, point and bonus second going, especially Czechmate MATHIAS VACEK and mighty MAX WALSCHEID. But I'll have to take soshul meejer's word for it, because there are no tellyclips to be viewed anywhere...
Week from Monday 7th September 2026 - The new STICK MEN studio album "LET'S THRAK AGAIN!" has landed on my doormat. Curiously, it came from BURNING SHED's warehouse, even though I ordered it directly from Markus' own IAPETUS Bandcamp. This is the very first time I've purchased the Sticky Boys' product as readymade physical media, having previously downloaded and manufactured my own! Much studious headphone listening shall ensue...
On Tuesday, I'm taking delivery of my new LAPTOP. Which is nice. I eventually settled on another trusted LENOVO device (a 'Beast From The East' via Bratislava), their LOQ 15ARP10E 'gaming' laptop, which comes with a 15.6 inch screen, an AMD Ryzen processor, 16GB of memory and a 1TB harddrive. Of course, I won't be using it for 'gaming' AT ALL, but it will surely be a powerful enough platform on which to build a MUSIC PRODUCTION WORKSTATION. The only downside is that yer modern pooters don't have built-in OPTICAL DRIVES. So I will have to keep my old LENOVO running to use as a CD BURNER. As I mentioned previously, the new beast will probably stay in its box for a while, until such time as a new LINUX MINT '.iso' becomes available and customization can commence!
So I'm taking my sweet time, there's no need to hurry! I mean, I haven't even switched the thing on yet! So far I have merely opened the box to check its contents and I have installed the USER'S MANUAL on my tablet for easy reference. Today, I'm going to download a few items of software that I will be needing, having previously scribbled comprehensive "THINGS TO DO LISTS" for both the Linux and Windoze partitions. A visit to CURRYS PC WORLD (or whatever it's called this week?) is also on the cards, as I will be needing a few cables an'ting.
There was a major SNAFU concerning my scheduled Wednesday visit to the horsepickle. "A bit of a cock-up on the transport front!" As usual, I allowed plenty of travelling time in order to make my twelve o'clock appointment. I stood at the bus stop at TEN-THIRTY, which is usually a reasonable wait. But come TWENTY-PAST-ELEVEN, two buses had still failed to arrive! There was no way I would have got there in time, as it normally takes about forty-five minutes in total. So I came back indoors and made some hasty calls to the contact number on the appointment letter. Eventually, I was able to have my 'appointment' with the Doc over the phone, and we have re-re-re-scheduled ANOTHER 'face-to-face' for a couple of weeks' time...
But it turns out very little has changed since our last (phone)chat. I'm still what is known as "STABLE", but some readings are starting to creep back up, so we'll be discussing the various exciting new varieties of treatment that are available these days.
The BUS SERVICE in this here town is currently cause for concern. I can only assume that there must be something major going down ON THE ROAD between Gosport and here, because I took a 'quick' trip into town to buy a packet of coffee yesterday (Thursday), and the buses were STILL running extremely late. With this in mind, I'm going to have to leave the house ridiculously early on Saturday to ensure I make my connection (and midday appointment).
Comments
Post a Comment